Sunday, September 12, 2010

Website Review: Consumer-Rankings.com

If you're thinking about switching from Blogger to Wordpress you're going to need to find a web host.  I found a great site, Consumer-Rankings.com, that compares different web host companies and ranks them using several criteria.  They review and rank the best web hosting companies based on personal trials and customer feedback.  You can see, side by side, how each hosting service holds up based on pricing, ease of use, customer service, bandwidth and diskspace, standard features, and uptime and page load time.

Based on their iPage review I'm thinking about switching hosting when it's time to renew.  I've had some problems with my current host in the past but I thought they were a really good deal since they had unlimited diskpace and domains.  However, thanks to Consumer-Rankings.com,  I have found that not only is iPage less than half the price of my current host, they also have better customer service, more features, and they are a green company.  Their domain registration price is a little high, $10.95, but you get one lifetime domain with registration.  The only thing that gives me pause is their uptime is rated at only 97.25%, but I that's better than my current host.

I have a couple weeks to mull it over, but I'm glad I found Consumer-Rankings.com


No comments:

Post a Comment