Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh No! Mom's Been Abducted By Aliens!! (Mars Needs Moms)

 My 5 year old absolutely LOVES anything and all things alien.  He is obsessed with the cartoon Ben 10, we've had to get every single Ben 10 DVD and omnitrix available.  He has stars and planets on his bedroom wall.  And he loves star gazing, watching for aliens.  So when the opportunity came across my email to write this fun post from the Disney movie  Mars Needs Moms and SocialMoms I just knew I had to participate, regardless of whether or not I'm too late for the gift card.  So, here are the top ten things, not in any particular order, that my sons (and my husband) would miss about me if I were abducted by aliens:
  1. Dinner: I love to cook and my kids and hubby love my cooking.  I have a knack for turning the simplest meals into mouth-watering cuisine.  We rarely have left overs simply because everyone has seconds.
  2. Clean clothes: My kids would wear the same outfit until they wore it completely out if I let them.  I even have to tell my 11 year old that he needs to change and I can't for the life of me get him to put his clothes in the laundry so I have to venture into his lair to wash his clothes.
  3. Sports: My kids love to play sports but if it was left to their dads they would never get signed up or the equipment they need.  Both my hubby and my ex are a bit forgetful.
  4. School Events:  As mom it's up to me to keep track of school events and other extra-curricular activities they enjoy.
  5. New Clothes:  I keep up with their sizes and what they like so when I'm out at garage sales and thrift stores I can get them clothes they like that are at least new to them.
  6. Reading:  I also love to get them books at garage sales or from the library and we read every night.  Sometimes Daddy reads but "he doesn't do the voices right."
  7. Computer: I'm the computer geek in the house so I keep all the computers running.  They all love playing on the computer. My 5 year old not only likes playing games, he also watches Ben 10 videos, including product and game reviews, on YouTube.  
  8. Going Places:  I do most of the driving in our family, partially because I enjoy it and partially because we can't all fit in my husband's car.
  9. Hugs and Kisses:  We're a very loving family.  I reckon both my 5 year old and my husband ask for a hug and kisses at least 20 times a day.  My other two are starting to grow out of it but not just yet.
  10. Pretty much everything.  I am the glue that holds this family together, from grocery shopping to cooking, paying bills to buying clothes, washing dishes to giving baths.  I am the mom who tries to do everything.  Though I know that I need to start to teach them to do some of these things on their own, we just got out of diapers so I'm not ready yet.
I don't mean to toot my own horn but my family would be lost were I not here.  This started as just a fun, whimsical post but as I thought about it I realized I need to start teaching them to do some things on their own.  For while alien abduction is highly improbable, there's no guarantee I'll be here tomorrow and perhaps they could stand to be a bit less dependent upon me.

N.B. Boy did I over estimate my worth.  My 5 yr old just told me the only thing he'd miss is hugs and kisses. LOL

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment